Have you lost teeth in your smile due to injury, decay, or trauma? If so, you don’t have to live with the gaps left behind. In fact, you won’t want to, as these gaps can affect your health as well as your appearance.
Today, Dr. Charles Peter and our team would like to share the benefits of dental bridges for our patients in Clearwater, Florida who are struggling with one (or more) missing teeth. To understand how missing teeth can affect your smile, take a look at the following effects:
- Your appearance suffers as the gaps stand out.
- Your speech can be affected.
- You are at a greater risk for gum disease as well as tooth decay.
- Your remaining teeth will shift.
- Your bite can change. If this happens, temporomandibular joint disorder (TMJ) can result if the missing teeth are in the back of your mouth causing uneven pressure on your pearly whites.
The good news is that a dental bridge can prevent the problems associated with missing teeth. Fixed dental bridges are affixed or cemented to the remaining teeth in your smile or onto dental implants. What does this mean for you? Bridges provide both stability and security when you speak and chew as well as improve your smile’s appearance so you can smile confidently again.
While dentures and dental implants are also excellent smile restorations, a dental can be just the right option in your smile toolkit depending on your situation and your needs.
Would you like to know more about your smile care options? If so, or you would like to go ahead and schedule a consultation with our dentist, we invite you to call our Charles A. Peter, DMD, PL team at 727-785-7202 in Clearwater, Florida at your earliest convenience. We are excited to help you bring back your healthy smile!