Your toothbrush, when used properly, can help keep your teeth and gums in healthy condition. However, if your toothbrush is filled with bacteria and germs, you could be putting your oral health at risk. That is why our team here at Charles A. Peter, DMD, PL is happy to provide you with tips to toothbrush etiquette, so you can keep your oral health in excellent condition. Here are some basic toothbrush care tips:
– Do not use or share toothbrushes from someone else.
– Always keep your toothbrush clean and stored in an upright position.
– Always be sure to keep your toothbrush in a fresh air environment and avoid keeping it in closed containers.
– Don’t let toothbrushes touch or come into contact with one another, as this can cause cross-contamination.
– Make sure your toothbrush is the proper size and shape, so it can fit into your mouth easily and reach all areas for cleaning efficiently.
– Always use a toothbrush with soft bristles. Toothbrushes with hard bristles can damage your gums.
– Look for toothbrushes that are ADA-approved with the ADA Seal of Acceptance.
– Try to replace your toothbrush every 3-4 months or earlier if necessary. Children’s toothbrushes need to be replaced more often.
A clean toothbrush is imperative for a clean mouth. If you have any questions or concerns or need to book an exam or professional cleaning, contact your dentist at Charles A. Peter, DMD, PL. If you would like to schedule a visit with Dr. Charles Peter, please call us at 727-785-7202, or visit our office in Clearwater, Florida. We look forward to making your smile even better this holiday season!