Taking care of your teeth during the holiday season begins with a toothbrush. As long as you continue to focus on maintaining optimum oral health and brushing your teeth, your smile will shine brightly throughout the holiday season. How you brush your teeth is just as important as how often you brush them.
Listed below are some helpful hints about caring for your pearly whites:
– Make sure to brush your teeth for 2 minutes, at least twice daily.
– Chewy candies and hard candies can be extremely difficult to brush away. If possible, avoid them, or give extra care to brushing your teeth after consumption.
– Look for toothbrushes and toothpaste that are dentist-recommended with the ADA Seal of Acceptance.
– Use toothbrushes with softer bristles, as harder bristles can damage your gums. Also, be sure not to press too hard. The goal is to clean the teeth, not strip them of their enamel.
– Keep your toothbrushes clean and properly stored when not in use.
– Many holiday delights can leave residue behind in hard to reach places, so be sure to brush thoroughly on all sides and surfaces of each tooth.
– Visit your dentist every six months or as directed for an oral exam with Dr. Charles Peter, or a professional cleaning.
With the proper oral health care holiday hygiene, you can make your mouth dazzle this holiday season. For more information about brushing your teeth, or to schedule an appointment at Charles A. Peter, DMD, PL in Clearwater, Florida, please call us at 727-785-7202 to speak with a merry member of our team. A happy smile is a healthy smile!