A new year has come at last! Let’s do our part to ensure this one is the best of them all. Our team at Charles A. Peter, DMD, PL remains committed to providing you the highest quality care and service for all your oral health needs. If you are truly ready to make your smile wonderful to match a terrific year, be sure to practice excellent oral health care habits all year long.
Have a tooth-tastic new year by enjoying another terrific season with healthy teeth. Here are some additional habits that may require your attention:
– It is wise to avoid products packed with sugar. These includes sodas, sports drinks, fruit juices, or candies. The bacteria in your mouth converts the sugar into harmful acids which can eat away at tooth enamel.
– If you grind your teeth in your sleep or while you are stressed, you can wear your teeth down over time.
– Smoking or chewing tobacco increases risk for gum disease and oral cancer.
– Chewing on pencils, nails, pen caps, or similar non-edible products can damage teeth and gums.
– Lip and tongue piercings can chip or crack teeth, introduce harmful bacteria to your mouth, or even increase your risk for infection to your gums.
– Do not open anything with your teeth. Even bottle caps can crack or chip teeth.
– Playing contact sports or high-risk activities without proper mouth guards can increase your risk for oral accidents.
– Snacking constantly can put your teeth at a greater risk for tooth decay or gum disease. Try to avoid snacks in between meals.
– Avoid hard food products that can chip or crack teeth, such as corn on the cob, candy apples, hard candy, or ice.
To learn more about what you can do to protect your teeth and gums, please contact our team by calling our office at 727-785-7202. We are conveniently located in Clearwater, Florida, and want to help make your smile the best it can be. To schedule an appointment or oral exam with Dr. Charles Peter, please call us today.